Order confirmed but the shop/cafe is closed

Hi!
Yesterday I used Karma app to find some food to save and avoid food waste.

When I found something interesting to buy, I confirmed the order and then, when I went to collect the food (around 12:00, within 1 hour from the purchase) the shop/cafe was closed, despite the order said “you can collect it until 17:00”.

Of course, my credit card had been charged , but no food was collected or saved.

Any suggestion on how to get a refund?

Thanks and regards

3 Likes

Hey @roberto.morettj,

Sorry to hear this happened to you! This thread should help you out :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Britta this also happened to me. How can I get my money back?

1 Like

Hey @rhoannan Sorry that this happened and I know that our Customer Support team will be more than happy to help you out and make sure you are taken care of.

Please reach out to them at support@karma.life :relaxed: If you have any further problems please just let me know!

Thank you for helping us save good food and I hope you and @roberto.morettj have nothing but great experiences in the future :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you @Britta
I will email them. I was gutted as my colleague told me about it yesterday and came back with some delicious food.
Hopefully I can get a refund and will have better luck next time.

Oh no @rhoannan!! Again, so sorry about that. And do not worry, they will make sure you are refunded :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you again for your understanding and saving that delicious food next time :green_heart:

Same happened to me just now at Espresso house. Already second time but now I did screenshot and took a picture. This is not ok… :frowning:

Hey @ann360, we apologise that this happened to you. We do our best to ensure that this does not happen and remind our retail partners to double check their opening hours and pick up times, however, it still does occur unfortunately.

Please reach out to our Customer Support team at support@karma.life who will be happy to help you get a refund.

We thank you for your understanding and we will continue working to make sure these types of experiences are avoided as we realise how frustrating it can be for our users.

Take care and stay healthy :slightly_smiling_face:

-Britta

Hello,

I noticed that my karma credit expires on July 31st but I fear that I won’t be able to use it by then as I am not working from the office currently because of covid 19.

Is it possible to extend this for longer, perhaps September or the end of the year?

Thanks,
Rhoannan

Hey there - please contact customer support inside the Karma app to help with orders where the shop/café is closed or regarding credit questions! :raised_hands: