Karmunity Brain Storm!

Calling all Karmunity Members!! I want you to finish this sentence by clicking reply below :arrow_down:

One thing that I think would make the Karmunity AWESOME would be…

So I’ll give you my own example: One thing that I think would make the Karmunity AWESOME would be if we could some day add a Karma Map and each time we start in a new place, we could turn it PINK :karmalogo: :earth_africa: :karmalogo: :earth_americas: :karmalogo: :earth_asia:

It can be anything big or small and if we can do it we will :smile: Please keep it respectful :heart:

9 Likes

to have a monthly/bi monthly meetup in specific areas so we can get to meet others, and have ideas and share a great rescued dinner!

22 Likes

@helene.billaud That is a great idea!! I had been thinking of Karma Picnics as well :heart_eyes: :basket: :sandwich:

9 Likes

good sweden 2020:nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

4 Likes

Sharing recipes and ideas where you can search for example…”bananas”…
(You sometimes get a lot of bananas :scream:):sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Karma business cards explaining a little about karma personalised to the ambassador to give pit to local businesses :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Haha it is true- I have had plenty of banana overload moments!! :banana: :banana: :banana: This is a great idea and we are trying to get this started in “Food Talk” :plate_with_cutlery: If you have any ideas for what to do with your extras (of anything!), post it there and let us know!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

to have a corner with social media resources for sharing.

Karma is visual and visuals come in many forms. Memes being a good carrier of messages.
Last post on FB in November. Maybe schedule a few months ahead with a steady drip of posts. Same for IG.
Any graphic material (stickers, badges etc) for the restaurants to show they are part of a bigger vision?
Bi-weekly scrumlike video conference (Zoom, Hangout or other) meetup.
Just a few

12 Likes

Oh. Telegram could be a very nice direct connect for ambassadors. Many startups use it as their goto helpdesk and support. Very useful for live onboarding.

2 Likes

@donfre Loving the ideas :raised_hands: We are working at the moment at providing more (and better) social media resources for everyone!! :karma_color:

Cool thought to have video meetups given that we are a global group. Maybe I can see how I could swing that!

Never heard of Telegram though. Would be interested in learning more :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Telegram.org
Like Whatsapp or Signal, only magnitudes cooler. You can build bots that interacts with your data; like latest signups, how many meals saved today etc, whatever fun you can have with data, you can automate in a Telegram bot. So good for automated services.

9 Likes

To have lectures that some of us can have in our different cities talking about the problem with waste and small (and big things) that anyone can do to help the planet. Of course using Karma is one if those. Business cards and those types of things to reach people and to inform them about the movement and karma.

12 Likes

@donfre, I am going to have to read up on it, thanks for the link!!

3 Likes

Yes, I love it!! I am going to try to get meetups going here in Stockholm, but I would be thrilled to spread this to get lectures and meetups started in other cities and countries as well!

Hold tight for more materials that we are creating at the moment to help share and inform on the zero waste movement :raised_hands: Please, keep the ideas coming :party_blob:

4 Likes

Working on the app’s design (interface and experience), so that the members can quickly understand the app and enjoy everything it has to offer. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Agreed :slightly_smiling_face: If you ever have any specific ideas, please share!! Our tech and product team are always working to find ways to improve, and your experience of the app and your suggestions provide the best insight we could ask for :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Connect with local growers to further direct organic matter to areas that desperately need it. I live in Australia which is experiencing mass desertification. Soil is so vastly barron that it essentially renders rain useless in terms of soil health. With nothing to hold the water in place, it flows away, creating massive gullies and keeping the water table dangerously low. We are currently experiencing a farming/food crisis and need to change our methods to smaller scale polyculture farms that rely on local organic matter. This may not seem so bad in Europe where it is wetter and cooler but here in Australia farmers livelihoods are constantly being destroyed and people are losing their businesses because there is not enough nutrients readily available for stock. When it comes to excess food, I strongly believe if we don’t eat it, it NEEDS to go to our livestock or to the soil. Green waste management schemes can only do so much but if every cafe/restaurant etc. had a couple of buckets each day that could go to a local grower, I would rest much easier. I feel as if we waste far too much inedible food as well as the good stuff. If there is any way we can get the ball rolling to direct organic matter from these establishments to local farms, we can pave the way for sustainable food production.

8 Likes

If we could have a swap-forum where you trade food and such you wont be able to eat in time for other foods you might need. Cut out the grocerystore😊

5 Likes

To be also in the countryside of France.

4 Likes