The humble potato. Who doesn’t love at least one recipe that uses potatoes? I was having french fries with my boyfriend the other night and as much as I love chocolate, it might be easier to give that up than a nice salty french fry
There are hardly any new ways that I can give you for creative potato recipes, but I will try to share a few new with a few tried and true ideas.
Wondering how to best store them? I can share some tips there too!
- I may sound like a dry record, BUT * insert freezer praise here * Your freezer is almost ALWAYS your friend and this is no different with potatoes. The trick? Cook them before you freeze them! Parboil, mash or hash and throw them in the freezer for later. We have all been there when we buy a huge bag of potatoes at the store
- Save the washing for later! If you don’t plan on using a potato now, leave it unwashed. This will help it store for longer
- Kitchen cupboards are the best places to store them: think cool, dark and dry!
- Get cooking! My favourites? French fries, au gratin, garlic and butter mash, hasselback, hashbrowns, or diced in a breakfast skillet!
- Try potato in bread, make a savoury potato pancake or waffle, homemade gnocchi, or croquettes.
What are your favourites??